Friday, December 10, 2010

The Legacy of Holiday Baggage

In the scramble to deliver a great event last weekend in Indiana and now during all the PR/publicity we are doing for the Lifetime premieres, I'm reminded of just what this movie has instigated.  I've personally witnessed audience members sit frozen for 90 mins because they see something of their family in this story.   Then they come up to me afterward, throw their arms around me and ask "did you write this about me?"

I've also had the privilege of working with so many talented and driven individuals from whom I've learned so much.  Many folks stepped up in ways I never imagined: from pre-production to just yesterday.  Folks like Cyn Dulay who have delivered as a producer in EVERY WAY.  I can't thank her enough for her ability to multi-task and step-up in any capacity needed.  She's a true producer and a wonderful actress.  Mike Pusateri and Christian Rose, both accomplished actors as well, have been there at every beckon of mine and pitched-in.  This is just a small example of the good that has come from making this movie.




It goes without saying that the list is long of folks I need to thank on a regular basis (I hope I do) but especially director, Stephen Polk, without whom none of this would be possible.  My friends and family have been un-ending sources of support as well.  Thanks to each of them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment